Saturday, September 29, 2012
Okay we are here and settled and I'm ready to post my first post since moving to Poland! I've been teaching for a month now and we are all getting used to the new routine of waking up early, walking to the bus stop, and going to school everyday. I will blog about my school and classes later but really they deserve their own blog ;) Bill just got back from Texas and it's so awesome to have him back! There are so many pictures to post, I'm not sure where to begin.
I will show you pictures of our apartment first. We live in an IKEA catalog. It's a bit orange for my taste, but this reminds me of UT and the Longhorns which is nice.
Our entry way
Our very blue bathroom
The children's bedroom... Caitlin will be getting her own room soon
Our dining room
Our living room
Our kitchen
Our office... this will be Caitlin's room
This is our dryer!!!
We live in the Wilanov distrct which is close to the palace and it's a newer area. I love it! It's like an apartment city with several different apartment building complexes and each one having different shops and stores on the first floor (which they refer to as floor 0). There is an organic market in our building and a pharmacy on the corner,in the building next door there is a post office and a convenient store, and two buildings over there is a butcher and a store with wonderful fruit. There are many more shops around and restaurants too. It is really convenient and it's nice to not depend on a car!
It takes us about 20 minutes to get to school every morning. We are a 10 - 15 minute walk to the bus stop, 2 stops on the bus, and then another 5 minute walk. It is great to live so close to work :) We are about a 25 minute bus ride to the city center (on weekends when there is no traffic). We've explored the Old Town and surrounding area about 3 times. Here are some pics of our adventures. More to come soon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Awesome! So glad to see an update from you all. I really like your kitchen!:) Very modern! Sounds awesome to be able to walk so many places right outside your front door. You are missed here but I am glad you all are having such an amazing journey! Keep posting! Miss you guys!
ReplyDelete